Rochford Primary and Nursery School

School Council

School council

The School Council meet on Wednesdays to discuss changes they would like to make to the school.

The new school council had our first meeting of the year on Wednesday.

Our School Councillors for this term are:

     Every other week the children put together their own minutes and these are displayed on our school council board.

School Council Road Safety Video

SCHOOL COUNCIL MINUTES


Wednesday 25th January 2017

This week we discussed:

* Ideas for Rochford values – we came up with suggestions for each letter of the word Rochford to represent the way we work and behave at school. We will be sharing these with Mr Owen and they will be displayed in every class and provide themes for assemblies.

* We were joined by visitors from Purple Class who would like our help to organise an art competition for the summer term.

* An information pack for Red Nose day has arrived and we have decided to wear Red on the day and hold a cake sale to raise money. We will need to start promoting this after half term to ensure the day is a success.

Wednesday 11th January 2017

Our first meeting of the New Year. We discussed:

Wednesday 23rd November

This week we discussed:

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday 14th December.

Wednesday 2nd November

We discussed:

* A design competition for the Buddy benches. We created a form for children in each class to submit their designs. These need to be done by November 15th when the school council will judge them.

* Our next fund raising event is Children in Need on Friday 18th November. The theme is wearing spots. We will be publicising this over the next two weeks.

* Ellis asked us to think about other charities as his mum is raising money by running the London Marathon in April. We agreed to look at our fund raising calendar in the Spring term.

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday 16th November.

Wednesday 12th October

This week Miss Styles was a guest at our meeting.

She talked about the Buddy Bench and we discussed ways that we could encourage more children to use it if they need to. It needs re-painting and we thought that we could have more than one bench around the field. We will ask our classes for their ideas.

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday 2nd November.

Wednesday 28th September

This week we discussed:

Creating a fund raising calendar, so that we can plan charity events throughout the year. We have decided to support Children in Need in November and Red Nose Day in March and we will add other events after speaking to the rest of the school.

 We also want to support a local charity and will be asking each class for their suggestions.

 We think it would be a good idea to introduce an award for the class with the best attendance and we will be speaking to Mr Owen about this.

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday 12th October.

Wednesday 14th September

We discussed roles and responsibilities and appointed

Chairperson - Ellis

Vice chair - Layni, secretary - Alfie

Treasurers – Jessica and Cody.

We took photos for our display board and agreed the date of our next meeting

 – Wednesday 28th September.