School Development Priorities
The school development plan is based on underlying values and principles and is a means of moving closer towards the achievement of the school’s vision.
In particular, 6 principles underpinning the drive for whole school development have been identified:
1. Effectively monitor RPS Curriculum Explorers to ensure it is broad and balanced and offers our children a wide variety of rich learning experiences which stretches and challenges them, while further instilling in them a love of learning for life.
2. Diminish the difference between the progress made between disadvantaged and non-disadvantaged children.
3. Effectively monitor attendance, persistent and unauthorised absences and lateness for the groups FSM, SEN support and SEN with EHCP.
4. To ensure all pupils are challenged sufficiently in their learning across all aspects of the curriculum.
5. To ensure that SEND provision is closely monitored and tracked and appropriate and timely support is put in place to ensure that barriers to learning are removed to enable all children to make good or better progress from their different starting points.
6. To ensure an effective recovery curriculum is in place to enable all children to make accelerated progress from their respective starting points and ensure maximum impact is achieved by effective spending of the (COVID-19) catch-up premium.
We are continually self-evaluating to ensure we are fully meeting the needs of our children. In doing so, we set ourselves priorities which we use to focus our school development.