Special Educational Needs
RPS SEND Policy
Our SEND Policy outlines the framework for Rochford Primary and Nursery School to meet its duty and obligation to provide a high quality education to all of its pupils, including pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), and to do everything it can to meet the needs of pupils with SEND.
Through successful implementation of this policy, the school aims to:
- Eliminate discrimination
- Promote equal opportunities
- Foster good relationships between pupils with SEND and pupils without SEND
- Rochford Primary School will work with the LA within the following principles which underpin this policy:
- The involvement of children, parents/carers and young people in decision-making
- The identification of children’s and young people’s needs
- Collaboration between education, health and social care services to provide support
- High quality provision to meet the needs of children and young people with SEND
- Greater choice and control for young people and parents/carers over their support.
Click the image to open Essex Local Offer SEND homepage
SEND Bridge Newsletter
Stay up to date with the SEND Bridge newsletter
The SEND Bridge newsletter is for Essex families who have children with Special Educational Needs or Disability (SEND). The monthly newsletter brings together relevant information and news, including:
- social care
- parent carer support
- activities and things to do
Access the link below to sign up:
Mega Centre: we work with families, parents, children and young people who might need a little support or friendship, someone to come alongside them to help weather the storms that life sometimes throws at us and just some fun and relaxing times to have together as a family. We support families who have a child with any additional need, young parents, new parents (after all, children do not come with a manual!), parents of teenagers – all through one to one meetings over a tea or coffee, parenting sessions, groups and family fun sessions.
SEND Policies and Information
If you have a query or complaint regarding your child and the support they receive for their special educational need or disability please initially contact the class teacher, either on the playground at the end of the school day or via the School Office. This query will then be discussed and resolved or passed on to the SEND and Inclusion Lead.
If you feel this issue has not been dealt with sufficiently or you still need further advice, please inform the Headteacher.